Good Morning. I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July holiday weekend! Always one of my favorite times of the year. I shared a couple of pictures of our weekend on Instagram if you're interested :)
I enjoy cooking a more elaborate meal over the weekend when we have the time, but quick, easy yet still tasty meals are my favorite most nights during the week. Last week I made these Southwest Style Chicken Wraps and they will definitely be added to our menu rotation more often. They are so easy and so delish that I thought I would share with you all.
Southwestern Style Chicken Wraps
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 package of bacon
- tortillas of your choice (I used wheat)
- lettuce of your choice (I used iceberg)
- tomatoes diced
- salsa ranch dressing (HEB brand if you're in Texas :) or plain ranch dressing
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper and Italian dressing. Grill or bake in oven at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until done.
- Cook bacon. I place my bacon on a foil lined baking sheet and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until slightly crispy.
- To make wrap, place tortilla and top with desired ingredients. I layered with lettuce, chicken, bacon, tomatoes, a couple leaves of cilatro and then drizzled with salsa ranch dressing.
- Serve with guacamole, tortilla chips and extra ranch for dipping.
This wrap is one of those recipes that you could fix to your liking. You can change it up to make it a bit more healthy or add other ingredients to it make it ooze with even more yumminess.
And a little update on our mini kitchen makeover. I've been debating sharing our progress along the way, but since it's really only a few minor changes, I'm holding out to show you all when everything is done. But here's a quick update: new backsplash done, lighting ordered and should arrive today, new breakfast table chairs arrived (love them.) So basically we are left with installing the lights (above the island and breakfast table) and painting my breakfast table (which should happen this weekend.) My goal is to have it cleaned and ready for pictures next week while both kids will be at camp. So stayed tuned :)
Have a great day!