Good Morning! When I find a delicious recipe that's a keeper I love sharing it with you all. This salad is so amazing! It's pretty filling, so I make for dinner and it can stand on it's own. No other sides necessary. And the dressing is pretty scrumptious as well.
Mexican Style Salad with Salsa Ranch Dressing
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup colored bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of fresh corn kernels
- 8 slices of cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing (from the refrigerated section)
- 1/2 of spicy salsa
- Chop and prep vegetables.
- Season chicken with taco seasoning coating both sides.
- Grill chicken until done and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place ranch dressing and salsa in blender and puree until smooth. *tip - sometimes I substitute a jalapeno ranch dressing to eliminate this step and it is just as yummy.
- Pile chopped lettuce on a large platter or bowl. Slice chicken and arrange over lettuce. Add avocados and tomatoes. Sprinkle corn, green onions, bacon and queso fresco over entire salad.
- Serve immediately with a serving of salsa ranch dressing.
*recipe adapted from here
Hope you enjoy!