These spider cookies are not only one of my favorite cookie recipes, but also one of the cutest Halloween cookies! I made these last year around Halloween and plan to make them again this year. They were such a big hit with everyone! They are my same Peanut Butter Blossom Recipe that I shared here, just changing out the Hershey's Kiss for a Lindt Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffle. And then adding some candy eyes and icing legs, making them not only one of the yummiest cookies, but also one of the most adorable cookies ever!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Spider Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lindt Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles (or candy of choice)
- black tube icing
- candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together butter, both sugars and peanut butter. Add vanilla and one egg. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix all ingredients together until dough forms.
- Roll dough into walnut size balls.
- Roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. While baking unwrap truffles
- Remove and allow the cookie to almost completely cool, then place truffle in the middle of the cookie pressing down a bit. (If the cookies are too warm the truffle will melt and if too cool they won't stick to the cookie.)
- Completely cool cookie, then add legs with black icing and glue candy eyes on with a dab of icing on the back.
A delicious cookie all disguised for Halloween. They are sure to be a hit at your Halloween festivities!
Have a beautiful day!