Christmas week is upon us and I'm hoping to take time this week to relax and enjoy time with my family, indulge in delicious food and celebrate the birth of Christ. My shopping is done, my presents are wrapped and my house is decorated. They only thing I still hadn't done was to decide on what I would bring to our Christmas gathering, so I gave this recipe a try. Really an easy one and so, so good!
Chocolate Toffee Bark
50 saltine crackers
1 cup of butter (2 sticks) I use real unsalted butter
1 cup of packed light brown sugar
2 cups of milk chocolate chips (not semi-sweet)
topping of choice (m&m, almonds, pecans, etc.)
- Preheat over to 325.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Then line crackers on pan.
- Place butter and brown sugar in small sauce pan and heat over medium heat until boiling about 2-3 minutes. Stir constantly.
- After it's bubbly remove from heat and pour over crackers. Spread with butter knife over crackers.
- Place pan of crackers in oven and bake for about 6-8 minutes. Mixture will spread evenly over crackers.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over toffee. Let them melt for 2-3 minutes and then spread evenly with knife over toffee
- Add topping and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once chocolate is hard remove and break or cut into pieces.
*recipe adapted from here
Have a Merry Day!