Good Morning! I hope you all had a nice weekend! We did a little house hunting and lots of house thinking this weekend, and then finished it up with some yummy food while watching the Super Bowl. I had planned to share this recipe last week, but the days just got away from me and I never got around to making these. But I did make them yesterday and snapped a few pictures before we quickly ate every single one! Really easy and great for a get together.
Ham and Swiss Sweet Roll Sandwiches with Glaze
- 12 Kings Savory Butter Hawaiian Rolls
- 1/2 pound of shaved honey ham
- 12 slices of thin Swiss cheese
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried onions
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Slice Hawaiian rolls in half and place in baking dish.
- Spread ham over the rolls, then layer with Swiss cheese on top.
- Place the other halves of the rolls on top and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, dried onions, poppy seed and brown sugar and heat over medium heat until butter melts and it creates a sauce. (I microwaved mine for 2.5 minutes)
- Pour equal parts of the sauce over top of the rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight.)
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees, and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve warm.
I have also made these using Pillsbury pizza dough instead of the rolls. You place the ham and cheese inside the dough, roll it together, and then slice it into a pinwheel type sandwich. That way is good too, but these butter sweet rolls are amazing and definitely my favorite way to make these. They are sure to be a hit at your next gathering! Hope you enjoy.