Happy March! If you've been around awhile, you might remember these treats. I make them every year for St. Patrick's Day and I shared the recipe last year on here. Really easy and very similar to Rice Krispies. The kids of course love them and they are little something special for the holiday.
Lucky Charm Treats
- One 11.5 ounce box of Lucky Charm cereal
- One 16 ounce bag of marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, plus extra to grease pan
- Grease bottom and sides of 9 x 13 pan with butter.
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
- Add entire bag of marshmallows and stir frequently until all are melted.
- Remove from heat and quickly add entire box of cereal, stirring until all ingredients are blended. Try not to over stir as the marshmallows in the cereal will start to melt too.
- Transfer to greased pan and press into pan with greased spatula until evenly distributed.
- Allow to cool and set for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and then cut into desired squares.
- I picked out about a 1/3 cup of the marshmallows before I started and then after I pressed the mixture into the pan, I added the marshmallows on top and gently pressed them into the mixture. This of course just made them pretty, but the taste would still be delicious without doing this :)
Hope you enjoy!