Good Morning! With football season in full swing now, I'm always looking for something yummy to make while we cheer on our favorite teams. My husband loves to barbeque so we usually have something from the grill to feast on. The forecast was calling for rain this past weekend, so I thought it would be a perfect weekend to give this recipe a try.
We had grilled chicken breast for dinner one night earlier that week, so I threw on a few more so those were already done. And same for the bacon. We had extra from our Saturday morning breakfast, so I crumbled several slices and put the bacon pieces in the refrigerator for that evening. With those two things out of the way, I was able to quickly put these together in between games.
Tortilla Pockets with Chicken Bacon Ranch and Cream Cheese
- 3 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 block of cream cheese (8 ounces), room temperature
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 packet (1 ounce) ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and ranch seasoning and mix well.
- Add chicken, cheese, bacon and green onions and stir to combine.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup down the center of the tortilla
- Fold up both short ends of the tortilla and fold over one of the long ends.
- Brush the open edge of the tortilla with beaten egg and fold over creating a rectangular tortilla pocket.
- Place seam-side down on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Brush pocket tops with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake at 425 for about 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
*Makes 8 tortilla pockets
*Recipe adapted from here
Hope you enjoy!