Are you ready to taste the most delicious cookie ever? A thick, chewy chocolate chip cookie stuffed with a rolo and then topped with sea salt, yes please! This recipe is really amazing without the candy and salt, but add those two ingredients and it takes it to a whole new level of goodness.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (Gold Medal is the best)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 30 pieces of rolos, frozen for at least 2 hours
- sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Freeze candy for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed or stir with a spoon until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Add chocolate chips and combine.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and then flatten and place on pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place frozen rolo in the center of the flattened dough balls and then add a little dough over the top of the candy to completely cover it.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top of dough.
- Place pan back in the freezer for 15 minutes before baking.
- Remove from freezer and bake for 11-13 minutes or until light brown. Cool and remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
*recipe adapted from here
This recipe yields a pretty large batch of cookies, even after I ate several spoonfuls of the dough. But they still didn't last long in our house.