So in March of this year Preston started piano lessons and silly us, we just signed him up without owning a piano or keyboard :) Not sure what we were thinking?? So now what...he's loving his lessons and we have no piano. Determined not to spend a lot of money, I hopped on Craigslist one day and there it was... an ad that said "free piano" and the location was only about 4 miles from our home. So I immediately called Grant and decided we should just go get it and decide if it would work for us later. So we did. And this is what we came home with...womp, womp.
The finish was pretty bad, but it had all it's necessary parts and it worked! It did come with front covers, but my husband pulled them off right away to check out the "piano mechanics" as if he had a clue about what he was looking at :) So anyways, I didn't get a picture before he did that, but you can still get an idea of what the "before" looked like. We decided because this wasn't a heirloom and because we already had a full gallon of light gray paint, that we would paint it! And why not, we had nothing to lose.
And here's my happy little pianist. The piano's new home is in our front office, so below are a couple of pictures of how our study currently looks.
I think it's a good fit in this space. And then here are a couple more pictures of the finished product.
Another before and after side by side.
I also reupholstered the piano bench with a much prettier fabric.
Back soon to show you a little bit of how we tackled painting this piano.
Have a great day!
*Update: You can click here to see our painting and reupholstering process.
you can also find me here: