July 28, 2014
Window Seat / Electrical Cord Concealor
Hi there! How was your weekend? We stayed in town and knocked out a couple of projects that have been on our to-do-list forever! And one of those projects was to fix our electrical cord problem in our home office. As you can see in the pictures below, it was a mess. At one time, when we first moved into our home, we had the desk in front of the window and it concealed all the cords, the modem, phone receiver, etc. But when we painted and rearranged our office furniture over a year ago, we were left with a mess of cords.
So last week when Lyla and I were passing time while Preston was at baseball camp, I spotted this storage bench and knew it would be a perfect solution to this problem. The only modification we had to make was to drill a hole in the back panel for the cords. Easy, peasy!!
I can't tell you how happy I am with this project! It was such an eye soar in this space and it could all be seen when you entered the door to our study! I hope to find some new throw pillows to add to it as well. When I looked back at the office pictures that I shared here on my blog, I realized that we've made a few updates in this room that I never shared, so I hope to share a few more pics later this week.
Have a beautiful day!