Are you ready for some of the most yummy cookies ever? My sister brought these to our family beach trip this summer and they were beyond amazing! It takes your basic chocolate chip cookie to a whole new level. The gooey surprise in the middle of a moist cookie is heavenly. I made a batch over our long holiday weekend and they were the perfect addition to our Labor Day festivities!
Keep on reading for the full recipe...
Candy Surprise Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups unsalted softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (Gold Medal is the best)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
30 pieces of the candy of our choice, frozen for at least 2 hours
- Freeze candy for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed or spoon until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Add in chocolate chips.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and then flatten and place on pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place frozen candy (I used Rolos, Dove milk chocolate candies, and mini Reese's peanut butter cups) in the center of the flattened dough balls and then add a little dough over the top of the candy. Form the dough around the candy completely covering it.
- Place pan back in the freezer for 15 minutes before baking.
- Remove from freezer and bake for 11-13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft.) Cool and remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
*recipe adapted from here
If you're looking for a simple, but high impact treat for your next occasion, give these a try...your guest will be blown away! Enjoy!
For more recipes (all which I have taste tested & approved ;) you can go to my "FOOD" tab at the top or click here.