Good Morning! I hope everyone's week is going well. After our rainy day nap on our Columbus Day holiday, the kids and I woke up hungry so we made these creepy little cookies.
Not only is this one of my all time favorite cookies recipes, but it's a super cute, super easy idea for all your Halloween festivities. Unlike a lot of cute cookies you buy in the store that are loaded with really sweet icing on top of an okay cookie, this cookie is really delicious!! I shared the original recipe long ago right here. And by changing the Hershey's Kiss that I normally put on top to a Lindt Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffle and adding some candy eyes and icing legs, one of the yummiest cookies is now an adorable spider.
Peanut Butter Blossom Spider Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lindt Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles (or candy of choice)
- candy eyes
- black tube icing
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together butter, both sugars and peanut butter. Add 1 egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix all ingredients together until dough forms.
- Roll dough into walnut size balls.
- Roll in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. While baking unwrap truffles
- Remove and allow the cookie to almost completely cool, then place truffle in the middle of the cookie pressing down a bit. (If the cookies are too warm the truffle will melt and if too cool they won't stick to the cookie.)
- Completely cool cookie, then add legs with black icing and glue candy eyes on with a dab of icing on the back.
A delicious peanut butter + chocolate cookie all dressed up in disguise for your Halloween festivities.
Hope you enjoy!