Good Morning! Do you decorate for Valentine's Day? I don't go too crazy with decor, but I like to have a little bit up to celebrate the holiday.
When I looked back over my last two years of blogging, I noticed that around Valentine's Day and Easter I seem to get in the mood to be crafty. Not sure what it is about these holidays, but I'm back at it this year for Valentine's Day with a super easy diy canvas art piece.
This is a really easy diy that will add a little Valentine cheer to your home. I had all the supplies on hand for this one, which is why it came to be.
Here's a little mini tutorial in case you would like to make one for yourself.
- Supplies: a canvas size of your choice, light gray paint, foam brush, painters tap, cardboard heart cut-out, light pink paint, pink glitter and glue.
- Measure and tape off stripes on the canvas. I spaced these 1 1/2 inches apart. Then paint canvas with gray paint and remove tape.
- Paint heart cut-out with light pink paint.
- Immediately sprinkle heart with pink glitter while paint is still wet. Then set aside to dry.
- When paint and glitter is dry on heart cut-out, attach it to the canvas with glue.
My daughter has already claimed this canvas art piece for her room after Valentine's Day, which I think will be a perfect addition!
Have a beautiful day!
P.S. Operation Organization is still going on over at 11 Magnolia Lane. Today's contributor is Abby from Just a Girl and Her Blog . Click here to see what organization inspiration she is sharing.