October 22, 2012

thinking about thanksgiving




Last week, while Preston was in school, Lyla and I enjoyed the beautiful weather and went for a walk around our neighborhood.  As we strolled, Lyla was picking up all her outdoor treasures, including the pine cones above, and I started thinking about our Thanksgiving table.  We always head out of town for Thanksgiving to spend time with both our families, but I still like to have a little formal Thanksgiving dinner at our house with my little family of four before we go.  

I played with things a bit this weekend and I'm thinking it will involved a few of these items in the two pictures above.  I like where it's heading and excited to share with you next week.  I know we still need to get through Halloween, but the days fly by so fast and since I had some time I thought I would work on it a little.

How about you and your family...do you travel for Thanksgiving?  Or do you host?

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I love decorating for the Holidays and Love Thanksgiving.. I can't believe how fast it is coming. It will be here before we know it


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would stop on by my blog and return the favor!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Thanks!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the tags, wow thanksgiving already!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me!