Hope you had a lovely weekend! We woke up to rain and noticeably cooler weather yesterday, which we happily welcomed. That little push of cooler air, got me thinking Fall and this recipe came to mind. My sister-in-law made this a few years ago at Thanksgiving and it was so delicious! I've made it several times since, and it's always a hit!
The filling is the best! Gooey, buttery, cream cheese goodness!
All I needed to pick up to make this was a can of pumpkin, so I whipped it up yesterday afternoon and thought I would share it today! So here it is.
Pumpkin Roll with cream cheese filling
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecans
- powdered sugar to sprinkle
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix all filling ingredients together first and allow to sit at room temp until ready to spread.
- Preheat over to 375.
- Mix flour, baking soda, sugar and cinnamon in bowl.
- Next mix in pumpkin and eggs.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Spread bread batter onto paper over pan and sprinkle pecans over top and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from over and turn over onto dish towel.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and roll up into dish towel and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- After cooling unroll and spread filling over the top and re-roll without towel. (Bread may break, but not to worry, it will still turn out great!)
- After rolling with filling, wrap in foil and allow to cool in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Making this can get a little messy, but it is so worth it! I promise you, it will be sooooo good!! Hope you enjoy!
Have a wonderful day!
Connect with me:
You might also like: